Monday 5 October 2015

Photos Migration to El Capitan

Well, that was easy.

Just drag the 'Photos Library,photo library' file from the old Mac to the new one and start Photos on the new Mac.  Wait for the import and ensure that the preferences are set the way that you want and it works.

I could have downloaded the library from iCloud, but that wouldn't have imported the Faces (as far as I know) and also taken much longer.

Also, seeing "Updated Just Now · Unable to Upload 96 Items"  - don't know what that's all about, but I'll look into it.

Updated 7th Oct
It looks like the issue was the way that I coped the photo library over.  I used the VMware Shared folders on the Virtual Mac to connect to the Pictures folder and copy the library across.  I then closed Photos, Moved the current library to the trash and then emptied the trash.  Then I connected via AFP to the directory on my real mac and copied the library over.  At this point, the "Unable to Upload 96 Items" has gone and the libraries are in sync.



No comments:

Post a Comment